Saturday 19 June 2010

ASCII Art and drawing packages

There are many tools out there to do graphics design - both bitmap
based and structural. I have never found them good to use, mainly
because I am not an artist. I use "pixmap" (legacy X11 bitmap application)
or MSPaint. (Windows 7 has a much better full featured application for
drawing).

I am bemused by the many ascii art programs out there - a simple
google search will show artwork, webtools and downloadable apps.

What I want is a "JFDI" (Just Flaming Do it!) approach to drawing,
mainly to quickly describe code or process diagrams. I have
started building a "draw" package into CRiSP. Its primitive, but
heres some trivial artwork.

					       o
ooo ooo
+--------+ o o
| | / \ o o
| | / \ o o
| | / \ o o
| | / \ o o
| | +---+ / \ o o
| | | | / \o o
| | | |/ o\ o
| | | /___________________________o__ o
+--------+ +---+ ooo ooo
o



This is what I typed into the command prompt:


box 10 10
box 5 5
triangle 8
circle 6
circle 6




Post created by CRiSP v10.0.1b-b5859


No comments:

Post a Comment