Sunday 26 April 2015

Goodbye Demon - shame the service is so bad

I joined Demon Internet back in 1992 - the first service provider
in the UK, and home for CRiSP (www.crisp.demon.co.uk) for the last 23y.

Despite various ownership changes of the company, it seems that the
FTP service is no longer functioning and I will finally retire my
Demon account this year.

For those of you looking to find CRiSP, you will find that eventually
that website will vanish, and I will replace with another site - once
I have decided on the best options.

My gmail accounts will continue to work, but my demon email address will
stop working at some point.

This is just a heads up.

I hope I am wrong and the FTP service recovers, but it seems like Demon
are transferring the hosting services to another provider, and nobody at
Demon understands the product they own, so it appears.

Post created by CRiSP v12.0.5a-b6832


No comments:

Post a Comment